Sunday, June 21, 2009

Stupid Motorcycle journey..

Spent fathers day away. Decided to take out the bike to fill at least part of the day. Got it out Saturday, wiring the cigarette lighter - so I can use the Garmin. And today packed the backpack, and set out toward Oshkosh, hoping there'd be a cute town with party boat fishing on Lake Geneva. Forgot how boring riding on the bike on the highway was. Backpack fell out of straps at first light, almost got it run over by a car behind me. Put it on and got on Rt. 45 going north, rode about 1/2 hour (56 miles on the odometer) and the bike caughed twice and stopped. Realized I couldn't push it back to the previous exit. Started walking with my helmet in hand, made it about two miles and a father and son pulled up and drove me to the gas station. The guy was nice, and commented that I must have used up the reserve (duh, I forgot to flip the switch). Got gas, rode back and drove on to Fond du Lac - cute town, drove to a nice park with a mini-train and a merry-go-round. It started raining, so checked with a bait store (no party boats) and rode back to the storage unit. I switched back to the car, and traced the cigarette lighter (scotch-locs hadn't worked) and it blew the in-line fuse and the one in the garmin adapter.

Good Times...Good Times...

No comments: