Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What a day...

Went home for my birthday - Caught a "free" as in lunch plane flight from my friends for the weekend. Didn't count on Chicago Friday traffic, left Menonomee Falls at 4:15, to drive 79 miles - and was 6 miles from O'Hare at 6:00 but did get parked until after 7, and after the tram, the TSA and the length of the terminal - I arrived at my gate to find the door closed (but I have 2 minutes, I whined). But they'd given my seat to standby people. Next flight, 9:15 Saturday morning. Distressed passenger rate for a room at the Holiday Inn $65. Parking at the airport is $16 a day - so once my head cleared - I figured I'd be better off at Country Inn and Suites in Bensonville - the hotel we used when we flew out for Nanna's funeral in March. Drove over there, and used thier shuttle to get back and forth.
Weekend was fine, Dinner one night at Bunga and Umpa's - marked the end of summer by taking off the ragtop of the Jeep, and helped a little emptying the garage... Fixed the shower at the house, went to town hall to check on the property lines. The birthday was fine, went to Round Table, had cake - so it was good.

Big fright though that nite, N. work up gasping and coughing at 2 - sounding a little like me when I had Whooping cough a while back. Very frightening, C. took him off the the ER - It was a very long 15 minutes, until they called. They were back at 4 (I'm sure because she has lent out her house key). He's much better, diagnosed with Croup (He seems a little old for it). I blame the boys film project on Sunday that meant they were outside in the rain or in the basement filming a reenactment of one of the Star Wars episodes...

No comments: