Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

So I took the rental car for a ride - To fill the day. I realized my sense of direction needed more data. So I went South - down to Red Wing, where there was a car show, and lunch was a hot dog and a soda for $2.50. Then I crossed the state line to Wisconsin, and down along the Mississippi and Lake Pepin. Then down to Winona, and back into Minnesota - and figured I could touch Iowa before going home. The lake had a sidewheel paddleboats, and tugboats and barges and Locks.

North of Rochester I saw a herd of Carabou. And passed through Elko (where I'll see houses this week). It's 25 miles (40 ish minutes) from downtown. It was nice to see countryside all day - and hills.

So - I heard that I was in the sermon in Bakersville today - about change. If I'd known my letter would be part of that I'd have spoken about the ministries that have touched me that need to be carried on. There is a sense that BUM needs to nearly succumb, and be reborn, that there is very little to repair, and much to rebuild - more like a Pheonix, and not just a tweak. Aventura and CCTD - I feel that Aventura may be on the way back again, Tres Dias on the other hand still loses it's way - not buttressing Christian leaders, but getting non-Christian projects.

But I think of the literally hundreds of brothers and sisters walked with me nearly forever - I'm better and stronger, for what God has led me through with them. It's not really a Christian ID card - but the brotherhood does make it easier to "Rejoice in what we have in common, and respect where we differ"

Good night.

No comments: