Sunday, August 30, 2009

Can you go home again?

Went back to Elk River (ER!) this weekend - to catch up with three families (ok, 4). Stayed with my friends the Millers (who plan a trip east, having lived in Ct. for a time) - Nice to see and wrestle thier four kids - and like home the "Wizards of Waverly Place" seemed to be on the whole time! It was nice to sit up in the evening and talk, and Saturday during the day I ran errands. Shades of my Mom - I got my haircut when I made the trip "home" Like she used to on trips down from Vt. to Ct.

I visited with the Manzi's, which was neat - the girls looked great, and PJ has even more hope than I do, in spite of the fact he's been completely out of work since we got laid off. I will be praying for a productive second interview for him and his wife this week.

Then I drove by the house and dropped of the garage door opener - I guess they moved in Friday night, but weren't around. It looked fine.

Stopped to see the Kaluza's but they were busy, John is going to post is Boundary waters trip photos soon. One of the things I wanted to do in Minn. that we never got to do.

Spent the evening with the Hewitts - It was great, the twins and K. talked nonstop for the first 45 minutes. It was a great evening, BBQ ribs, and Rich and Bert.

Then back to Millers, then to ERUMC - but the pastor was out of town, It was good to worship, I figure it's the second church service I've attended since early June.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Glad to hear that you found some quality time with friends.