Sunday, August 29, 2010

This week in Fl.

This week is about things under tension:

Work, let a consultant go who wasn't busy, and didn't look busy.  And the intern, (a guy my age learning a new skill set) is probably done this week - which isn't fun to sit near either.  Spoke to my RM (as opposed to my PM) who said that my next extension (from 12mo - 16mo) is not a slam dunk, since it requires more signoff.

I am pretty lonely as well - so my heart is momentarily thrilled by the prospect of this door closing.  Then the fear of not supporting the oblivious family, of failure, of losing...

I was also pressed on my schedule for Christmas/Thanksgiving.  I said that either way I'd be home for Thanksgiving, I'd miss very little work with the shop closed (assuming I'm still there).  But Christmas - How can I know anything.  It would be all workdays this time - I'd see them for like 4 out of 10 days, and I'd be back in Fl. for new years alone...

So at the end of the week - we don't know any more, we're just 10% less sure of this opportunity.  Prayers and open windows/doors are needed.

I go home this Friday - N. Birthday!!!!

No comments: