Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More News

D. was returned safely - and was impressively self sufficient, coming over to the office on his own (with Mom's new phone). We had a good weekend - went to a Saints game, and biked around Lake Harriet and Lake of Isles, and spent Sunday afternoon at the park of the Mall of America.

House news - the inspections of the old house were very picky, finding issues that have existed in this old house for years! Umpa has spent all of his free time getting issues straightened out. And on Friday I was informed that the house roof needs to be replaced, the big garage roof as well. The smaller three bay garage would need extensive work as well, so I'll get quotes to have it removed.

With very little help from the bankers, I figured out how to pay for the closing - I called my IRA/401K people and worked something out. These things that keep popping up with the old house were keeping the Relo offer from coming. So I needed to do something else to provide the down payment. Now I'm left with two houses as of Friday.

No comments: