Saturday, July 7, 2007

My CT Visit

So, I returned to Connecticut this week, to tie up loose ends, and visit the summer camp I shoulda/coulda been running. N. was finally a Scout, and had a great time. One of his best friends was there - and having been a Pixie for so long, was more than ready to have full access. S. & D. worked, and for them it was odd not reporting to me either. Camp was well run, survived it's crises, made me proud of the team we'd put together over the last 5 years. When I wasn't a third wheel, I was home - trying to get stuff done. I wanted to speak to my realtor and I needed to show the popup - which didn't sell, yet.
Camp went well, my parents brought up some visiting family for a picnic on the beach, and weathered some thunderstorms in the late afternoon. Helped cooking, and watched a good campfire. They gave me ashes to share our campfires with our new Troop/Pack in Minn.
Tomorrow is the open house, My family called out to friends and family to say "bye" Sunday afternoon. Sounds very depressing and a bit of a no-win situation. Lots of goodbyes, or worse, not enough.

I return to Minn. Monday, returning the car and boarding before 1:00pm.

No comments: