Sunday, February 20, 2011

Presidents Day

So, I've worked two weeks at my new job - and moved to the closer Extended Stay Hotel.  Work has no Cafe, so it's cheaper, since I brought in some bagels, and Oatmeal.  Place is smaller than I thought it'd be, probably only 40 or so people in the office.  One of the consultants they brought on board was a RJ briefly while I was there.  We figured out that one of the contractors that they've had for a while had worked at NASDAQ for Swiggy.  And the Sungard lady met Santino for lunch prior to leaving for Denver.  The world gets smaller.  It's still a bit too big for me.

Went to church with Ben and Genny Fullerton (and her sister Adriane) last night.  It was about 25 minutes north at http://www.flatironschurch.com/ - It was pretty loud and I didn't recognize the worship music - but it was very well performed.  The young pastor was very good - but was a subject I didn't want to hear - they are covering Jonah - and if there is one thing I do NOT want to hear about - That God would send someone away, to save an unappreciative and unhelpful people.

S. is awaiting word from UCONN, and C. her PRAXIS results. N. is playing Hoop this year, and placed 2nd in the pinewood derby. D. and S. are working backstage in a High School production.  Was home last week  - Bunga flew me home, since Kevin was back from Hawaii, and Tuan had driven to Ct. so we could see the twins, Abby and Hailey.  Pictures were taken, at church.  We visited the Torrington Fall Festival, and the Men went bowling that night - It was fun, and once we got there we realized Umpa wasn't particuarly equipped for bowling anymore either.

I can't afford to be home again until 3/3 - 3/7 - by then the new paychecks will appear, and it will be a little easier.  
 

No comments: