Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cindy Week

1) Now we know, to get my wife to visit requires several hundred dollars, and a cruise.
2) I scheduled her flight to land Thursday at 2:30, with the cruise leaving at 4pm.  I just ordered them right after I confirmed the cruise, and that it was something C. wanted to do.  Waiting for her plane to land was probably the worst hour I've spent since I was at Kohls.  I dreaded telling her there was nothing we could do to get across town to the pier.  I called the cruise line, and she arrived at 3:10 (10 minutes) early.  We waited though the whole luggage cycle, then they paged her, that hers had arrived early.  So I drove as a Zwart men are capable, real aggressive even for me.  And arrived at the port authority at 4:01 - and the boat was still there!!!  We spoke to the 4 or 5 Customs agents/cops and asked if they could get us on that ship - they called upstairs and after a tense moment told me leave her and the luggage, and that I should drive over to short term parking (closer than long term, which was $14 a day).  Got the absolute bast possible spot and jogged back.  Made it, with the niggling doubt that it would cost even more than $14 a day...
3) So I laid very still for a while - since I'd jogged 50 feet. And I need to let the dread and fear fade away.  We were very blessed that two separate friends had purchased gifts that were in the room as we arrived.  We wandered around and repurchased our excursion, since the one we had selected had vanished.  We took pictures and went up on the foredeck (minigolf!) to watch as we passed under the Sunshine skway bridge - which supposedly we miss by 12 feet.

More to follow....

No comments: